Wednesday, May 3, 2017

A Special Letter to Doug Walker (aka, The Nostalgia Critic)

Today is May 3rd, 2017, The day where your next occasional clipless cash-cow that is the Suicide Squad review premieres in a theater, oh why you had fallen throughout the recent years of seasonal rot.

I have once watched your videos since 2012 aside my mom’s hatred of that man in the wrong mindset, thinking that he hates Disney (only in actuality, it’s actor didn’t), but despite all of his rant and raving of nostalgic films, you are quite a fine gentleman in all honesty.

That is until you put your level of comedy on your show has gotten too far off from your audience, it feels that it overstays its welcome.

I first started watching your revival reviews around the time that you have still just returned from the plot-hole, around 2013 or 2014, at first I think that the addition of skits on your show is pretty nice, not great but still.

But I’d hope that he’ll tweak some of the aspects of your comedy and improve your skills for the days to come, right? WRONG, I was dead wrong.

Come June 2015 and beyond that, not only your comedy and the skits that you had degraded from what you have done in the last few years, it marks a new level of low that every fan (Including me as a casual fan) would fear the day that was coming for a long running show.

Where it feels like you are running out of ideas while trying to get meaner spirited like a heartless bad guy that was trying to rip off from our money.
Ever since the Jurrasic World review, I feel like I was losing all hope for the critic’s future since you are fighting against YouTube’s Copyright Strike and Claims, but now as of recently, the site is becoming more of a tribal battleground between the creators and the journalist outlets.

It became quite clear that this is starting to get less of where’s the fair use and more like a war on the freedom of speech, making your occasional clipless reviews more useless and a cash-cow than what it was before, a protest against for fair use.

Even if I hear the rumors that Linkara’s video client, Screenwave, has been taking down unauthorized re-uploads of his AT4W videos unfairly from his fans by the copyright bots, meaning that if he was taking down the videos from his fans without any acknowledgment of its creator,

Then you and your character Nostalgia Critic could start doing the same way as Linkara does, earning more disrespect to your fans both old and new aside from your fan hatred of Pokemon and the other f*ck-ups that you did recently.

I get that you are trying to be more creative in your occasional clipless reenactment reviews, but you’re not trying hard enough to save your skin and soul of your series on the aspect of your comedy and humor, making your skits on your reenactment parody reviews unfunny and unwatchable throughout its entirety of the episodes.

Do you remember that skit that you regretted involving The Joker’s brother, Marvin, Doug?
Well just imagine repeating the same mistake as before, only in the form of a 30-minite filler episode that was even more painful than your previous 5-minite skit before it.



What didn’t help out the most is that you had started to block me from your social media including your brother Rob, your co-cast members, and your network of other video creators, Channel Awesome from Facebook and Twitter over about my stupid complaints about the clipless reviews few months apart.

I’m sorry that I said something stupid on your facebook, Doug and Rob Walker, along with your twitter page at Channel Awesome, but this whole clipless review idea is getting old quickly.

When I saw your announcement that you are planning to premiere the clipless review for a live event, I’d have just imagined a crowd of thousands of fans (including me) facepalming in shame just because you screwed the pooch, BIG TIME.



And this is the moment where he broke the camel’s back for me, I have lost all my faith on you and decided to turn against you by creating a new series that has more creativity, it will have certain storylines from time-to-time and most importantly, have a thicker skin than Nostalgia Critic.

Which not only that I could review movies, but also television shows, video games, books, you name it.

Just wait until May 15th at 5:00 pm when I will premiere my first one-shot story (The pilot episode) on vid.me and then a day later on YouTube, then I will focus on making the first storyline of the series starting with episode 2 on June 2nd.

In the meantime, Doug, I have an important question to ask you, will you put your clipless cash cows to a stop and treat the fans politely while improving your show or will you let your show rot away as your creative ideas run dry while your fans leave you behind to look for other options.

I will let your fate decide on that, but I would warn you right now, your fans aren’t going to be happy when they saw your review.

To fans everywhere: If you have looked at the cover of the episode thinking that this will be clip-filled, you will be likely to hit the dislike button after you had discovered that this is a clipless review disguised for a clickbait trap.

Good luck making millions of views on your occasional clipless parody review, Critic, because I am going to get you, plus the fact that some of your reviews including the clipless Suicide Squad review will get demonetized by public shaming news journalists, BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT SAFE FROM THEM.
-       
-From your now-former fan, Andrew Lewis.


P.S, If anyone of you has requested Pixels for a Nostalgia Critic review too early, then it’s all your fault that you made him do a clipless review along with the future occasional clipless cash-cows (With Hocus Pocus, Fury Road, BvS, etc.) along with it, you damn dirty bastards. Shame on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment